Medicare/Medi-Cal HHA in Sacramento
MedicalFor Sale in Sacramento, CA
Financial & Assets Details
About the Business
This home health services company specializes in providing in-home skilled nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, home health aide services and medical social services to patients located in the greater Sacramento area and nearby counties including Placer, Yolo, Yuba, El Dorado, Solano, Amador, Sutter and parts of San Joaquin and Contra Costa counties. Customers are mostly elderly patients and those recovering from surgery and other illnesses. It has grown from a startup company operation launched in late 2020 amid the Covid challenges, to serving 430 patients in 2022 with 26 employees and one contractor as of the end of 2022. The current 2023 momentum is in par with 2022 even with no assigned marketing personnel.
The Company has a dedicated team of medical and healthcare professionals that are knowledgeable and compassionate and provide a variety of health care services to patients in the comfort of their homes.
The business is a Medicare-accredited Home Health Agency licensed in the State of California, by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), an indication of quality and excellence. Accreditation reflects an agency’s dedication and commitment to meeting standards that demonstrate a higher level of performance and patient care.
The business accepts most HMO, PPO, Medicare, and Medi-Cal insurance plans. It has over 22 active contracts with national insurance companies, such as, UHC HMO and PPO, Aetna Medicare HMO and PPO, Alignment Health Plan, Brand New Day SR, Humana PPO, and Imperial Health, among others.
This business has an excellent reputation for delivering exceptional care and providing responsive customer service and is recognized for a specialty in caring for elderly patients. Through the years, the business has developed solid referral relationships with professionals within the health care industry and surrounding senior communities.
The Business has a variety of Professionals who can be sent to the home, including:
- Registered Nurses (RNs) who provide skilled assessment, evaluation, intervention, and medically prescribed treatment. The RNs provide skilled care and instructions to patients and their families. They enable patients and families to function independently at home, increasing the comfort of the patient and improving overall health. Skilled nursing services include: Wound Care, Injections, Insulin Therapy, Intravenous Therapy, Catheter Care, Post-Operative Care, Ostomy Care, Enteral Feeding, and Skilled Observation and Assessment.
- Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) who work under a physician’s order and RN supervision, administer medication and treatment, and assist the patient with returning to independent activities of daily living.
- Certified Home Health Aides providing personal care, Medical Social Workers assisting patients and their families with their social issues.
- Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists who help family members to properly care for the patient and provide assistance in improving the patients’ ability to perform activities of daily living independently.
Medical Social Workers (MSWs) who help connect patients to community resources and provide counseling services, develop appropriate support systems, provide psychosocial assessments, provide crisis intervention, if needed, and determine and locate alternative placements among others.
- Arrangement for durable medical equipment services will be made according to the special needs of the patient.
The Business also offers Personalized Teaching, such as, educational programs designed to meet individual needs, Diabetes management including self-care, Use of oxygen and respiratory equipment, Bladder and bowel training, Management of medications, Disease process, Special diet and nutritional teachings, and Wound care.
Besides the Owner/Admin, the office is staffed with Intake staff, QA Nurse and additional QA person, Authorizations Staff, Marketer, Admin, Billing and contracts and Director of Patient Care Services.
The business is headquartered in Sacramento in a professional office suite with 6 offices, Reception Area, conference room, 1 storage room, and 1 Kitchen/ Dining room.
The service market includes a number of large hospitals, senior centers, assisted living communities, nursing homes, memory care and skilled nursing facilities. Seniors who are 65 years and older comprise the primary market for the Company, as well as the Sacramento area Hospitals.
The Home Health industry has exploded with the aging population. Today, with 10,000 Americans turning 65 every day, the demand for senior care is ever increasing. The US senior population currently sits at approximately 50 million and by 2030, it is expected to swell to 81 million (Source: US Census Bureau). An estimated 70 percent of people over 65 will require Home Health services at some point in their lives.
The seller is selling for personal reasons but will assist during a transitional period. The Healthcare professional and staff, all of whom are W2 employees, are available to work with a new owner.
Growth & Expansion
Reason for Selling:
No similar listings found.